The three sisters over at Paris-Ankara Express have tied me to a comfy chair and subjected me to the Spanish Inquisition (please, no cushions!). This involves answering 10 questions, then developing ten questions of your own that you would like to ask other unsuspecting bloggers.
1) If you had enough money so that you never had to work again, what would you do with yourself?
I suppose this is a bit like the "what would you do if you were a billionaire" question in the 5 years meme. Husband and I were actually having this discussion over the weekend, and I think we both came to the conclusion that we would probably do very little in the first instance. We would take the kids to and from school, then do all those little jobs around the house that needed doing. In the summer we would tour Europe for 6 weeks, making the most of the school holidays and exploring all those places we had always wanted to go.
2) Do you knit or sew or do any other 'womanly' craft?
I have always been terrible at knitting and sewing, despite my poor mother's efforts. I don't think I have the fine motor skills for that attention to detail. The only vaguely crafty thing (and this is not necessarily just 'womanly'!) I do is a fair bit of cooking and baking, which is something I enjoy doing with the children.
3) Do you have a special talent that's unlikely to be noticed or that you're unlikely to brag about (like being able to brush your teeth with your feet!)
Nope. Not one thing. I am either completely transparent in my talents, or talentless!
4) Are you a meticulous planner?
Probably only when it comes to holidays - otherwise I'm pretty much take it as it comes.
5) Do you wear make up? If so how much, how often?
Yes - can't live without mascara. I have the most feeble, straight, thin eyelashes of anyone I know, which seems to only get worse with age. I look weird without just a lick of the black stuff and got fed up of people telling me I looked tired if I wasn't wearing any. If I'm going to work I'll also throw eyeshadow over the top.
6) Is there something you learnt as a child that you wish you could pick up again? A language, a sport, a musical instrument?
I was terrible as a child for dabbling in things and then not finishing them. Over the years, I attempted various sports, various musical instruments, and various foreign languages. The only thing I would quite like to do a bit more of is Finnish - I do feel a bit ashamed at how little of my mother's mother tongue I speak, especially as we are off there on holiday this year!
7) Do you swear in front of children?
No - I like to keep my swearing for those who might appreciate it.
8) Do you have any habits that you regard as childish?
Oh, too many to consider, but the worst is probably that I bite my lip a lot when nervous.
9) Jimmy Steward or Cary Grant?
Cary Grant - hands down
10) Vampire Bill or Eric Northman?
I watched the first few episodes of True Blood, but never really got into it for some reason. I therefore didn't really see much of Eric Northman. Personally, I'm also more into the tall, dark, handsome type, not really blondes, so would have to say Vampire Bill.
I would now like to pass my questions on to the following:
Nova at Cherished by Me
My questions are:
1) What's the first single you ever bought?
2) Have you ever performed on stage?
3) Night owl or Early Bird?
4) What's your favourite kitchen appliance (and why)?
5) What's currently on the top shelf of your fridge?
6) Worst ever holiday destination (real or imagined)?
7) What time does your alarm go off in the morning?
8) You can only have nice hair OR perfect skin - which do you go for?
9) What would your dream car be?
10) Have you ever spent any time in hospital?