|Not a bad gaff, though, right?|
2) You can never re-decorate and are stuck with the wallpaper and/or taxidermy some great-aunt once chose
3) You have to give your children traditional family names and can't go for something nice and modern like Kai or Beyonce.
4) You have to wear silly costumes on dreary state occasions:
5) Your rooms are ridiculously large and very draughty, and therefore must be terribly difficult to keep warm.
6) You have to pretend to still be into religion.
7) Imagine having to walk from one end of a room to the other to fetch something - let alone just "popping to the loo" down three miles of corridors. I suppose you'd be fit. Unless you had loads of servants.
8) You are unable to hide the fact that one of your ancestors was fond of wearing a onesie:
No, I wouldn't want to be a toff for love nor money....but sometimes...just sometimes... it's nice to pretend...
(an early birthday present - if you want to find out about where we stayed, pop over here soonish...)